Valencia UMC is seeking a new Director of Family Ministries. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic Christian with a passion for working with people of all ages, especially children, and a strong ability to direct and delegate a corps of volunteers. This person will have the organizational and communication skills, education, and experience required to work successfully with church leadership, the children’s ministry, and church members. Furthermore, s/he will be able to develop, implement, and oversee children’s programs in support of the ministry of Valencia UMC.
Experience, Competencies, and Education:
• Demonstrated vibrant Christian faith, knowledge of the Bible, and a strong public discipleship; Familiarity with United Methodist
Church teachings a plus
• Self-directed and highly independent, but able to function as a team player and maintain positive working relationships
• Able to inspire, direct, and motivate children and their families
• Experience working with diverse cultures
• Excellent organizational, planning, goal-setting, and time management skills
• Creative ability to envision, plan, and follow-through on the Church’s mission in relation to children
• A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in children’s and family ministries or related fields preferred
• Knowledge of child development
• College degree; related field preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Email resumé and cover letter to Rev. Nicole Reilley. Interested candidates will be interviewed on the afternoon of July 22, 2018 or the evening of July 25, 2018.